Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I'm a brand ambassador!!!

I never imagined becoming a brand ambassador for any kind of running company. I figured I would have to have 8-9 minute miles or a ton of followers or something like that.

When I learned that Swirlgear was looking for ambassadors, I was curious. I filled out the application, which surprisingly was far more concerned with info about my support system and why I run then how far, how often, etc. I was surprised to receive an e-mail back inviting me to be an ambassador. There had to be a catch, right? Well, there is, sort of. You have to purchase 2 pieces of clothing - at 50% off. That's it. Wear their gear - tell people about their gear - provide a code for free shipping. Now, I'm a cheapskate. Really, I am. I hate to pay more than $10 on any article of clothing. When I saw the prices of their gear I almost choked. Now - their stuff isn't expensive. It's really not more than the Nike or Under Armour gear I see in the stores. But I don't pay those prices and head straight for the clearance racks. So, was the opportunity to be a brand ambassador worth the price - even at half off.

I took a week to think about it and decided to bite the bullet. At the very least, I have a new shirt and a new jacket to wear when I train. Depending on how much I enjoy the gear, I just may buy the yellow shirt they have as the final piece of my Belle costume for the Princess Half Marathon. I'm excited about my purchases and impatiently waiting for my package to arrive.

What has impressed me so far is the enthusiasm and communication from their corporate office. I received 3 welcome to the team e-mails and a plethora of info to help me get acquainted. There was also a private Facebook group for brand ambassadors so we can share pictures and personal accomplishments as well as a place for the corporate office to provide us with new information.

So, with that said, I encourage everyone to check out Swirlgear's gear: http://www.swirlgear.com/  Want free shipping on your order?  Use the code swirlon at checkout.

In the meantime, when I get my gear I'll get some pictures online so you can see my new duds. Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment