Saturday, March 8, 2014

My goal for 2014 - 14 in '14

I decided to set a goal for myself this year.  One that I may not be able to keep up year after year, but figured I'd give it a go this year.  I've decided to try for 14 in '14 - 14 races this year.  Last year I ran in six races but didn't start until May. I figure hitting 14 this year shouldn't be too hard - especially since I've already signed up for quite a few.

Here's my race schedule so far:

February 23: Disney Princess Half-Marathon - 3:33
March 15: KC Big 12 5K & Fun Run
April 12: Rock the Parkway Half-Marathon
May 10: Kansas City Chiefs 5K (fun run, not chipped)
May 31: Color Run (fun run, not chipped)
September 1: Leawood Labor Day 5K
September 21: Panera Bread Diabetes Dash for Life
October 4: Kansas City Zoo Run
October 18: Waddell & Reed Kansas City Marathon (running the half)

Nine races so far -that's not too bad. A couple of those above I haven't signed up for yet, but plan to participate as I did them last year and they were great races. I'm not too worried about not meeting my goal - shouldn't be too hard to find five more races to participate in. The problem may be that I find more than five - and I'm not sure my bank account will be happy with me for that. I want to add a couple 10Ks to this list as that has become a distance I enjoy running. I still can't believe I have three half-marathons on my schedule - that's just crazy.

Ready for it to warm up a bit and for Mark to get home so I can get back out and start training for Rock the Parkway. I'm actually looking forward to that race - I don't know what's wrong with me. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment