Wednesday, April 30, 2014

14 in '14 Goal - Update

After the Princess Half Marathon, I decided to set a goal of running 14 races in 2014.  I documented this goal in an earlier post and figured I should do an update to my race schedule. I work for the Kansas City Chiefs on game days so I wasn't able to sign up fill out my calendar completely until they released their 2014 schedule. Well, it came out last week and now I'm ready to finalize my calendar and empty my bank account. :-)

14 in '14
February 23: Disney Princess Half-Marathon - 3:33:53
March 15: KC Big 12 5K & Fun Run - 38:50
April 12: Rock the Parkway Half-Marathon - 3:05:53
May 10: Kansas City Chiefs 5K (fun run, not chipped)
May 31: Color Run (fun run, not chipped)
June 21: Jazz in the Woods 5K

July 12: Rock the Crossroads 5K
August 16: Rivalry Run 5K
September 1: Leawood Labor Day 5K
September 14: Plaza 10K

September 21: Panera Bread Diabetes Dash for Life
October 4: Kansas City Zoo Run (4 mile)
October 18: Waddell & Reed Kansas City Marathon (running the half)


I have 13 races currently on my calendar. I'm not worried at all about finding number 14. The problem I'm facing right now is that I'm considering making number 14 the Longview Half. It's an inaugural race - but I have a Chiefs game the next day and I'm just not sure how my body is going to feel. It's capped at 2,00 entries so I can't wait too long to make my decision. We'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment