Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Does this ever get easier???

I haven't blogged in a while because, well, I haven't ran in while. Tonight was my first run in over a week. I was just not able to find time to get out the door, even for quick run. And it was bugging me. I wanted to get out and run. 

Tonight, I put my running clothes on before Mark even came home from work. That way, I'd be psyched up and ready to go. I also decided to try a Clif Bar for the first time, eating it about 1.5 hours before I headed out the door. I think it helped - I never felt tired or worn out during my run. I did, however, hurt. I was too tight - way too tight. I stretched before I took off, but I have not stretched enough on my off days. I'm going to have to do something about that.

I tried a new trail tonight and really liked it. Sidewalks, gradual hills - I'll easily be able to run a 5K on this route. Unfortunately, it was a little desolate and that had me nervous. If I'm going to keep running this route, and I'd like to, I'm going to need to get some mace or something. I also decided to start trying intervals runs. Usually, I just run until I'm tired, walk until I feel better and then start all over again. Tonight, I started out at 4 min run/1 min walk intervals. Soon, I found myself around 3/1 and 3/2 - need to train myself to run those intervals. But, i liked it - a lot. I think I'm going to try to make that my new training regimen. The 3/1 and 4/1 felt really good and I had a great good pace for my first mile (which is probably also what killed me in the long run.)

Half way through my run tonight, a deer ran across the road from me. About 5 minutes later a jackass drove by and threw a half empty can of beer at me. Pretty eventful night overall.

Todays's Stats:
2.55 miles
33:32 minutes
13:09 avg min/mil
If the half-marathon was today: appox. 3:09

Goals for next run
Going to try to get another 5K in tomorrow night. Really want to come in under 40 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment