Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Just keep running, just keep running

Made my way to the Y again tonight and I felt so good. I tried to maintain my 3:1 interval but it was hard to stop - I wanted to keep running a couple times. But, I stuck to my plan fully expecting to hit 3.1 miles. Well, the stupid treadmill stopped at 30 minutes and I didn't have a chance to look down and see what my mileage was at the time - so, so much for that. I have no idea how far I went. I kept going through the 5 minute cool down and managed to run for 4 of those minutes because I was so angry with the machine. At the end, the summary said I ran 4.5 miles - there's no way. I don't know what those machines do, but I'm not sure they are keeping track of my mileage properly. So, I guess when I go to the Y from now on, I'll just focus on running for an amount of time at a certain pace, versus distance - I'll use math to figure my mileage from there.

My running pace stayed around 12:07 and my walking pace was around 15:30. With the amount of walking and running I did during those 25 minutes, I figure I went about 2.8 miles again.

At the end of the day, I felt good. Really good. And that's all that matters.

The rest of the week is going to be really crazy for me, so I'm not sure what my training schedule will be like. If I'm able to run outside, I'll shoot for a 5K. If I run at the Y, we'll shoot for 40 minutes at a 12 minute run pace/15 minute walk pace.


No comments:

Post a Comment