Saturday, August 24, 2013

Just have to keep moving

I didn't plan on running today - didn't figure I'd have the opportunity. But the kids woke up early and by 9 a.m. I was itching to lace up my shoes and head out the door. I got everyone ready and headed for the Y. I managed to get 3.12 miles in, but it was not easy or fun. Today was one of those runs where I kept increasing the speed of the treadmill just so I could get the run over quicker. I increased my pace by 10 seconds, which I'm excited about. I just need to get better. I'm getting discouraged, because I don't feel like I'm doing better. I know I am - I ran the first 1.25 miles today which is another milestone. But I struggled - mentally and physically. I know that's normal and is going to happen. But, it doesn't help my mental game any. Anyway, I got out the door, got a run in and overall, I feel great.

Tonight's Stats:
3.12 miles
37:12 minutes
11:55
If the half was today: approx 2:52.14

Goals for next run:
May not get out again until Monday or Tuesday. Going to push it to 4 miles regardless of where I run. I have a 5K race coming up on the 2nd so I need to get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment