Tuesday, August 27, 2013

UGH...

Tonight was awful. I wasn't really in the mood to run. I don't feel real good and I'm tired. Yesterday, I really wanted to run but wasn't able to. Tonight, I didn't want to run and went outside. Go figure. My goal was 4 miles - I really, really, really need to get a four mile run in. I got out the door too late and quickly realized 4 miles wasn't going to happen. So I focused on achieving at least a 3.1 and do my best to just finish. 

My mental block took over. It was warm and quite possibly the most humid condition I've ran in so far. I struggled to breathe - it was rough. I've been running non-stop for a mile the past few runs - tonight I didn't even make a half a mile. That's when I couldn't fight my negative thoughts. I was hard on myself, I was upset, I was disappointed. From that point on it was a struggle just to run - to get myself convinced I could run more. 

In the end, my average pace sucked. But, I got in a 5K and then some. I need to keep working on my endurance and my ability - and my confidence. I have a race on Monday - I really want to PR.

Tonight's Stats:
3.23 miles
42:15 minutes
13:04 pace
If the half was today: approx 3:08:21

Goals for next run:
Hope to get out tomorrow, but I'll be walking a ton on Thursday regardless so that will be good. Need to push to 4 miles at some point and time but I just want to get myself mentally prepared for my race on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment