Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I ran a mile!

I did it! I ran a mile for the first time since I started running. I felt good - I didn't want to stop. In fact, I may have ran a little more than a mile, but I know for a fact, I ran a mile. I went back to the Y tonight - Mark is home and I could have gone outside. But, there was an attack on a jogger down in Oklahoma this weekend that's garnered national attention. I'm concerned about copy cats, so I figured I'd give it a week or so to die down before heading back out to the pavement. Mark also bought me some pepper spray last night as well - hope I don't mace myself....

Before my run tonight, I tried a Clif Gel Shot for the first time. I have read about the different gels and blocks and how you need to try them long before an endurance race so you can figure out which you like and how they affect your body. Well tonight, I figured out how it would affect my body - I'm pretty positive that's the main reason I ran that first mile. I also used the towel to cover the digital display of the treadmill, preventing myself from analyzing the time and letting my mental state take over. I just ran...and ran...and ran. I probably didn't need to stop either - but I let the mental take over and decided I should let my legs take a break. Was also a little concerned about hurting myself after running so far for the first time.


I also finally got my 5K in under 38 minutes. I ran a 37:20 - I couldn't believe it. Tonight just felt good all the way around - and I can't wait to go back out and run again.


Tonight's Stats:

3.11 miles
37:20 minutes
12:03
If the half was today: approx 2:37

Goals for next run:

Not sure where I'm going to run next - whether at the Y or outside. Also not sure if it'll be tomorrow or Thursday. Regardless, I'd like to do another 5K under 38 and try to run the first mile again.

No comments:

Post a Comment