Thursday, July 11, 2013

2nd Run - Not too bad

Some internal drama kept me from running yesterday. I sat and sulked and felt sorry for myself. Mark tried to get me out yesterday when he got home from work, but I found excuses. This morning, more internal drama. Got up early and went straight to the couch to sulk more.

Tonight, however, that changed. Had dinner, relaxed a little and changed into my running clothes. I started to get caught up in Hell's Kitchen when Mark looked at me and told me I needed to get up and out the door. And I did. And it felt so good. I ran basically the same course as Sunday, adding in a few detours to increase the distance. I had hoped for 2.5 miles - made it almost 2 miles. And I'm okay with that. I alternated running and walking, but ran a little further each time to try to increase my stamina. I'm insanely proud of myself tonight and I feel really, really good.

Tonight's results:
1.92 miles
27:52 minutes
Avg min/mile: 14:57
If I ran the half tonight, total time would have been: 3 hours and 17 minutes. 

My goal for Saturday: 2.2 miles in under 30 minutes, walking and running but trying to run a little more than tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment