Saturday, July 27, 2013

Nervous and excited

Tomorrow is my first competitive 5K ever. And, considering I've only done 3 5Ks in my life, that's saying a lot. Picked up my packet and my timing chip (yipes) today and I've already laid out my clothes for tomorrow. To say that it will be unseasonably cool in the morning is an understatement - 59 degrees at race time...at the end of July. Just crazy.

I haven't drank enough water today, and I know it. I could be in trouble tomorrow. I need to increase my water intake soon!!  Going to flood by body the rest of the night so I make it through the race.

I'm really excited, and really nervous. Just want to turn in a good time, run more than I walk, and have fun. I don't want to take longer than 42 minutes - but my pipe dream goal is 35 minutes and I think it can do. Split the difference, and I'll be a happy girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment