Saturday, July 20, 2013

Slowly getting there...

Took me a while to get up and get going this morning, but I was determined to make this another long run day. I have a 5K in one week and I want to set a good benchmark for the rest of my training. 

Today was good - little bit of pain, but I pushed through. I'm pretty sure the pain is coming from the lack of flexibility - I know I need to stretch more and am trying to work that into my daily routine. 

I stopped towards the beginning of my run to talk to my uncle, and then forgot to start my run timer again. So, I know I finally broke 3 miles even though my stats say I ran less. I'm really happy with how I did today and how I feel.  

Todays's Stats:
2.86 miles
39:33 minutes
13:49 avg min/mil
If the half-marathon was today: appox. 3:00


Goals for next run
I'm supposed to have a slow run tomorrow but I won't be able. So, I'll enjoy a couple days off until Tuesday - but in the meantime will continue to stretch out and increase my flexibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment