Friday, July 19, 2013

Earlier than usual...

Spending a few days at my parents house so my running schedule, and route, is going to be a little off. I'm excited about the change of pace and scenery. I had hoped to run last night, but an ill-advised dinner choice (food choices are my next major hurdle to overcome) sat in my gut all night, so I chose to get up and run this morning. Got going a little later than I had planned but didn't let the negative voice win out and convince me to stay home.

I could tell this run would be different. My body was not fully warmed up and ready to go. Took me a while to get into a groove. I couldn't even run the first half-mile, which is something I've been able to do since my third run. It was at that time, I decided just to get my miles in, try to keep my average down and just make it back to the house. I didn't set any personal bests, but mentally, I crushed it. I could have given up at anytime and headed back, but I didn't. I kept going, kept pushing - if I wasn't ready to run, I just walked a little faster. Slowly, but surely, I'm getting there.

I also told my parents about this crazy decision yesterday - not sure what they think based on their reactions. I know my mom has always wanted to do the Royal Family 5K - maybe they will consider tagging along and running it. I think Mark and I are going to sign up for it as well - it will be a good warm up for me for the half the next day and I think Mark secretly wishes he had signed up for the half-marathon, so the 5K will be a good start.

Todays's Stats:
2.32 miles
30:57 minutes
13:20 avg min/mil
If the half-marathon was today: 3:00

Goals for next run
I'm going to try to get up tomorrow morning and run again. If I can keep my stats about the same, try to run a little more than today, I'll be pleased. 

No comments:

Post a Comment